Your community plan (not strategy) should be specific detailed but flexible. It should be a step by step set of actions you can use to develop your online community.
The community plan should contain
- Who is responsible for the action
- The people that you’re going to approach.
- How you are going to reach them
- What you’re going to tell them.
- How you will convert new members into participants.
- How you will grow the group.
- What content you will produce.
- What you are measuring.
Your plan must be specific. It should be clear who is responsible for what and by which date.
You can break most activates into three sections
- Hotseats, Conference’s, Teleconference, Launch events, Demonstrations, and Webinars,
- Newsletters, Blog posting, uploading of fresh content (seeding), continual promotion of the community , ongoing communications, invitations, forums and marketing
Day to Day
- Accepting and rejecting members, Training and support, FAQ’s, Moderation, Weeding and Polls
These simple templates let you focus and plan activities for your community over a period of time, constantly keeping the flow throughout the online community
|Activity Type||Month 1||Month 2||Month 3|
|Day to day activities|